Teachers, schools, and JHS 3 students can now attempt to solve these Integrated Science Trial Tests or use them for revising lessons or topics from which the questions were set.
Note that these questions are mainly from JHS2 and we expect all JHS3 students to be able to solve these questions. Students are advised to revise these topics and find the answers for them if they are challenged in solving them.
Integrated Science Trial Test for JH3 students (BECE Trial Test 2)
Choose The Correct Answer From The Alternatives A – D
1. The occupied by matter is its
2. Which of the following structure contains cellulose.
A. cell wall
B. Cell membrane
3. The farming system that use of the available soil nutrient in growing season is.
A. crop rotations
B. land rotations
C. mixed cropping
D. mixed farming
4. Digestion of fats and oil in human begins in.
5. What is the chemical symbols for silver?
6. The basic unit of life is the.
7. Heat transferred along an iron bar by.
8. Which of the following is an example of converting chemical energy to heat energy.
A. the use of flash light
B. bringing firewood
C. ringing school bell
D. drying clothes
9. Which of the following convert solar energy to chemical energy.
D. Flash light.
10. Ladder and staircase are examples of
D. inclined plane
11. Axe and chisels are examples of ………………….
D. inclined plane
12. A force of mass 32kg moves with an acceleration of 6m/s2 .find the force of the action of the body.
B. 192 N
C. 120 N
D. 320 N
13. Which one of the following waste management techniques is the oldest and most commonly used?
C. resource recovery
14. Energy given food are carbohydrates and ……………
A. fats and oil
15. Which of the following is a body building food ……………..
16. Lions are likely to be found in …………..
A. atiwa mountains
B. Accra plains
C. kwahu plateause
D. mount afaja
17. The rabbits lives in ………………..
A. grass land
B. sea water
C. fresh water
18. Which one of the following is not magnetic material
19. The push and pull of an object is.
20. The colour for neutral wire is
21. The SI unit for temperature is.
B. degree Celsius
22. The parts of a flower that contain nectar is called
23. The rigid bar which is capable of turning around a fixed point is .
A. inclined plane
D. Wheel and axle.
24. The element with the chemical symbol S is
25. Which of the following is a semi metal
26. An example of disease vector is.
B. liver fluke
27. The form of energy produced from the nucleus of an atom is .
A. chemical energy
B. mechanical energy
C. nuclear energy
D. Thermal energy.
28. The SI unit for measuring work of a force.
29. Each layer of soil profile is known as.
30. The type of image form on a plane mirror is known as.
31. An example of soil minor nutrient is.
32. The complete development of human foetus in the womb takes normally …
A. 7 month
B. 8 month
C. 9 month
D. 10 month
33. The charge of sulphur in the compound SO2.
34. The disease associated with the insufficient intake of protein is .
35. The part used by fish to saddle their movement is
B. pelvic fin
36. The male sex cell is
37. The devise used to measure relative humidity is
38. How many days does the earth takes to go around sun.
39. The smallest unit of life is.
40. The force that oppose the movement of an object in contact is
Integrated Science Trial Test for JH3 students (BECE Trial Test 2) -SECTION
1. a) Draw the life cycle of a mosquito and explain its stages of growth
b) State how mosquitoes obtain oxygen.
c) List the ways by which the specimen can control.
d) What is germination of seed?
e) Give 4 methods used to identify farm animals.
f) Give four differences between metals and non-metals.
g) What is fertile soil?
ANSWER ANY FIVE QUESTIONS FROM THIS SECTION. ALL QUESTIONS ARE OF EQUAL MARKS.
a.) Write the two elements that combine to form water
I. Write equations to show water was formed from the elements above.
II. Explain the word refractions of light.
III. Sketch a diagram to show the path of light rays as it travels from air to water.
IV. State the speed of light in the air and in the water respectively
V. List four methods of fertilizer applications.
I. Draw the atomic structure of element 19 and show its electrons
II. State the name of the element above.
III. Draw the soil structure and label the parts
IV. Give four differences between technology and science.
V. Write fours of caring for farm tools
I. Mention the junction diode of a transistor.
II. Draw the circuit symbol for n-p-n type transistor
III. Give the functions of the following nutrient in plants.
IV. i. nitrogen ii. Potassium
V. What is density of a body?
VI. List two qualities of water.
I. What is vegetable crop production?
II. States the functions of the following parts of the human reproductive system.
VII. What is an electrical conductor?
I. Give two examples of insulators
I. What is a balanced diet?
II. Give four benefits of protein in a diet.
III. Draw the electrical circuit with three cells in series, and two resistors in parallel connection.
We believe these Integrated Science Trial Tests for JH3 students (BECE Trial Test 2) would be useful to students