Here are some likely geography questions that could be asked in the 2023 WASSCE exam:
- Physical Geography
- What are the main factors that affect climate?
- What are the different types of vegetation zones in Ghana?
- What are the main types of landforms in Ghana?
- What are the causes of earthquakes?
- How are rivers formed?
- Human Geography
- What are the main types of settlements?
- What are the factors that influence the location of settlements?
- What are the different types of industries?
- What are the factors that affect the development of tourism?
- What are the challenges facing developing countries?
- Regional Geography
- What are the major physical features of Africa?
- What are the major economic activities in Africa?
- What are the major challenges facing Africa?
- What are the major regional organizations in Africa?
- What are the major environmental issues in Africa?
NEW SET: Geography questions that could be asked in the 2023 WASSCE exam
1a. Outline four benefits that Ghana derives from international trade
b. Account for the low volume of trade between Ghana and the rest of Africa
C. Highlight three reasons for the introduction of trade restrictions in Ghana
.Q2a. Define the following population terms
II. Birth rate
b. Highlight two importance of population census
c. List four sparsely populated areas in the world
d. Outline three factors responsible for the low density of population in the Amazon —-area
Q3a. In what four ways is road transport of economic importance in tropical Africa?
b. Highlight three factors that hinder the development of road transport in tropical Africa
C. State any three ways of improving road transport in tropical Africa
Q4.a. Highlight five ways by which transportation facilitates international trade
b. I. Export trade
II. Import trade.
C. Discuss the importance of international trade
Q5. Sketch Ghana. On the map, locate and name
I. Two major rivers in the south are important for fishing
II. Two towns each in the northern and southern sectors noted for lumbering
b. Describe any three problems that confront the fishing industry
Q6. Discuss tourism in Ghana under the following headings
a. Places of interest along the coast
b. Favourable factors
d. Control measures
Q7. Sketch the map of Africa. On the map show and name
I. Atlas and Ruvenzori mountains
II. Longitude 0° and 20°E
III. Kalahari and Namib Desserts
b. Explain four benefits of highlands to the economic development of tropical African
Q8a. Discuss any five distinguishing features of population agriculture in East Africa
b. Identify five factors which favour plantation agriculture in East Africa
Q9a. Draw a sketch map of Africa
b. On the map show and name, outside Ghana :
I. Two areas important for the mining of gold
II. Two areas important for the mining of copper
III. One town important for the Mining g of each mineral
C. State any 3 contributions of minerals to the economy of African countries
d. Explain 3 problems facing the mining industry in Africa
Location and position of Ghana
Indication of mountains on Ghana map
Draw the map of Ghana
Draw Africa map
These are just a few examples of the types of questions that could be asked on the 2023 WASSCE geography exam. The best way to prepare for the exam is to study the syllabus and practice answering questions. There are many resources available to help you with your studies, including textbooks, online resources, and past exam papers.