The Core Mathematics WASSCE exam is a highly anticipated exam that tests the mathematical knowledge and skills of senior high school students in West Africa.
The exam is known for its rigorous and challenging questions that cover a wide range of mathematical topics including algebra, geometry, calculus, trigonometry, and probability and statistics.
With the 2023 Core Mathematics WASSCE exam drawing near, it is important for candidates to prepare thoroughly and be familiar with the types of questions that they may encounter on the exam.
In this article, we have provided a set of sample multiple-choice questions and answers on some of the predicted topics to expect on the Core Mathematics WASSCE 2023 exam.
These questions cover a range of topics including algebra, trigonometry, calculus, geometry, and probability and statistics. While the questions provided in this article are not exhaustive, they serve as a helpful starting point for candidates to practice and prepare for the exam.
It is important for candidates to note that the actual Core Mathematics WASSCE 2023 exam questions may vary in difficulty and format from these sample questions.
Therefore, candidates are advised to study the full syllabus, practice past papers and seek guidance from teachers or tutors when needed to ensure they are fully prepared for the exam.
With the right preparation, candidates can increase their chances of success and achieve their academic goals.
Here are some predicted topics to expect on the Core Mathematics WASSCE 2023:
- Algebra: The algebraic equations, functions, and graphs of linear and quadratic equations may be tested, including topics such as simultaneous equations, solving equations using factorization, completing the square, and the quadratic formula.
- Trigonometry: This topic includes questions on the properties of triangles, solving trigonometric equations, and the use of trigonometric ratios in solving problems.
- Geometry: Topics such as similarity, circles, and coordinate geometry may be covered in the 2023 WASSCE exam.
- Probability and Statistics: This topic may include questions on probability, conditional probability, and measures of central tendency, variance, and standard deviation.
It is important for students to prepare thoroughly for the Core Mathematics WASSCE exam by practicing past questions, reviewing important formulas and concepts, and seeking help from teachers or tutors when needed.
By putting in the effort to study and practice, students can increase their chances of success on exam day.
- What is the solution of equation 2x – 3 = 5x + 1? A. x = 2 B. x = 1 C. x = -2 D. x = -1
Answer: C. x = -2
- Find the value of sin 60° cos 30°. A. 1/2 B. 3/4 C. √3/2 D. 1/4
Answer: B. 3/4
- Find the derivative of y = 3x^2 + 5x – 7. A. 3x^2 – 5x + 7 B. 6x + 5 C. 6x^2 + 5 D. 6x + 5x – 7
Answer: B. 6x + 5
- What is the area of a circle with a radius of 4 cm? A. 16π cm^2 B. 8π cm^2 C. 4π cm^2 D. 2π cm^2
Answer: A. 16π cm^2
- The mean of the following set of numbers 4, 8, 10, 12, 16 is: A. 8 B. 10 C. 12 D. 14
Answer: C. 12
- Simplify the expression 3a – 2b + 4a – 3b + 5b – 6a. A. -4a – 4b B. -4a + 4b C. 4a + 4b D. 4a – 4b
Answer: D. 4a – 4b
- If sec x = 5/3, what is the value of cos x? A. 3/5 B. 4/5 C. 5/4 D. 5/3
Answer: A. 3/5
- If two parallel lines are intersected by a transversal, what is the sum of the angles on one side of the transversal? A. 90° B. 180° C. 270° D. 360°
Answer: B. 180°
9. A coin is flipped three times. What is the probability of getting exactly two heads? A. 1/8 B. 3/8 C. 1/4 D. 1/2
Answer: B. 3/8.
Again, it is important to note that these sample questions are just a small representation of the types of questions that might be found on the actual Core Mathematics WASSCE 2023 exam.
Candidates are advised to prepare thoroughly by studying the full syllabus, practicing past papers, and seeking guidance from teachers or tutors when needed. Good luck to all the candidates!