The Ghana Education Service (GES) has released the official new date for the conduct of the 2023 BECE.
The Basic Education Certificate Examination (BECE) is an annual exam for Junior High School leaving students.
Per the GES, the 2023 BECE new exam date is from Monday, 7th August 2023 to Friday, 11th August 2023. In 2022 BECE candidates wrote their exit examination in October. The new date means this year’s candidates will be writing the examination two months earlier than their predecessors.
All students will be tested in nine subject areas over the five-day period. In this post, we also make available our projected 2023 BECE Timetable for candidates and schools
Pieces of advice to BECE candidates who want to excel in the examination
- Get a head start on preparing for the BECE by beginning your studies now. Waiting until a month or two before the exam to get serious is not recommended.
- Approach every mock exam with seriousness and diligence. Review the questions you struggled with and find answers to them.
- After each mock exam, attempt to solve the questions you didn’t choose and find the answers to them.
- Make sure you attend all classes and actively participate in assignments and homework to stay on track.
- Establish a routine of waking up early to study for at least one hour each day.
- Move with only friends who are serious about their studies. Avoid those who distract you from your goals and be focused as well.
- Adopt a comprehensive learning approach by summarizing what you have learned, practicing with past questions, creating your own questions, and solving them.
- Share your knowledge with others by teaching what you have learned, which can help you retain the information.
- Refrain from relying on exam cheats or shortcuts like Apor or Mock-Apor, and focus on hard work and dedication.
- With hard work, dedication, and self-belief, you can successfully pass the BECE and demonstrate this to everyone.
Projected 2023 BECE Timetable
Monday, 7th August 2023
|020/2||Social Studies 2(Essay)||1 hour||9.00 a.m. – 10.00 a.m.|
|020/1||Social Studies 1 (Objective)||45 minutes||10.00 a.m. – 10.45 a.m.|
|070/2||Information and Communication Technology 2(Essay)||1 hour||1.00 p.m. – 2.00 p.m.|
|070/1||Information and Communication Technology 1(Objective)||45 minutes||2.00 p.m. – 2.45 p.m.|
Tuesday, 8th August 2023
|03o/2||Mathematics 2 (Essay)||1 hour 15 minutes||9.00 a.m. – 10.15 a.m.|
|03o/1||Mathematics 1(Objective)||45 minutes||10.15 a.m. – 11.00 a.m.|
|053/2-055/2||Basic Design and Technology 2(Essay)||1 hour 15 minutes||1.00 p.m. – 2.15 p.m.|
|053/1-055/1||Basic Design and Technology 1 (Objective)||40 minutes||2.15 p.m. – 2.55 p.m.|
Wednesday, 9th August 2023
|001/2||English Language 2 (Essay)||1 hour||9.00 a.m. – 10.00 a.m.|
|001/1||English Language 1(Objective)||1 hour||10.00 a.m. – 11.00 a.m.|
|022/2||Religious and Moral Education 2(Essay)||1 hour||1.00 p.m. – 2.00 p.m.|
|022/1||Religious and Moral Education 1(Objective)||45 minutes||2.00 p.m. – 2.45 p.m.|
Thursday, 10th August 2023
|033/2||Integrated Science 2 (Essay)||1 hour||9.00 a.m.||–||10.00 a.m.|
|033/1||Integrated Science 1 (Objective)||45 minutes||10.00 a.m.||–||10.45 a.m.|
|003/2 – 0013/2||Ghanaian Language and Culture 2 (Essay)||45 minutes||1.00 p.m.||–||1.45 p.m.|
|003/1-0013/1||Ghanaian Language and Culture 1 (Objective)||1 hour||1.45 p.m.||–||2.45 p.m.|
|Friday, 11 August 2023||002/2||French 2 (Essay)||1 hour 15 minutes||9.00 a.m.||–||10.15 a.m.|
|45 minutes||10.15 a.m.||–||11.00 a.m.|
Download Free 2023 BECE Timetable Here – Download
We hope this article has been informative and useful to you. Do well to share this publication with others