WAEC releases good news for those who have misplaced their WASSCE, and BECE or other WAEC-issued exam certificates. According to the exam council, those who have ever sat a WAEC exam as private or school candidates but have misplaced or lost their certificate as a result of other reasons can now apply for an Attestation of the Result.
Which WAEC certificates can be replaced by WAEC with an Attestation of Results?
The following nine (9) examination certificates issued by WAEC can be replaced with Attestation of Result issued by WAEC.
- GCE A’ Level
- GCE O’ Level
- BECE Private
- BECE School
- WASSCE Private
- WASSCE School.
Why is WAEC issuing an attestation of results and not a Certificate to replace the missing one?
Per the rules of WAEC, the council does not issue more than one certificate for the same examination for a candidate. Due to this, the best WAEC can do is to issue an Attestation of Result. This will help confirm the candidate actually sat for the exam and obtained the results indicated on the WAEC Attestation of Result document.
Once a candidate receives the Attestation of the Result, he or she is deemed to have received an official document from WAEC which is valid as a certificate.
According to WAEC, the attestation must be received by the applicant at its head office located in Accra.
What are the documents and details needed?
Applicants must provide the following details to WAEC to be able to get the Attestation of Result.
- Candidate’s Name (As used in the said examination)
- Name of the examination, the Month the examination was written, and the year
- Candidate’s index number used during the said exam
- Passport photograph of the candidate
- A valid national identification document of the applicant
- Processing fee of GH¢400.00
How to fill Attestation of Results request form
2. Enter your surname and your order name (s)
3. Enter your email address
4. Enter your contact address
5. Enter your index number
6. Select the collection centre (Please select a location near to you)
7. Select examination type (Eg. BECE)
8. Upload a passport-size photograph
9. Upload identification document and
10 Click on ‘Submit & Proceed to payment.
We hope this post on getting a WAEC Result Attestation and The How to Fill the Attestation Results request form has been useful.