This post is to help students with tips for answering objective test questions the right way and to help them score 100% with the test techniques explained here.
Do you know you can score 100% in an objective test if you apply the right skills and techniques in making your final answer choices? Well, let us help you set a record with objective tests.
How to Score 100% with these objective test answering techniques
Objective test questions are designed to test a student’s knowledge of a particular subject matter through a set of pre-determined options.
Examples of objective test questions include multiple-choice, true/false, matching, and fill-in-the-blank questions.
Here are some tips on how to answer objective test questions correctly:
#1. Read the question carefully:
Before attempting to answer the question, make sure you read it carefully to understand what is being asked.
Analyze the options: Once you have read the question, analyze the available options carefully to determine which option(s) is/are correct.
#2. Eliminate the wrong answers:
If you are unsure which option is correct, try to eliminate the options that are clearly incorrect. This will narrow down your choices and increase your chances of selecting the correct option.
#3. Look for clues:
Sometimes, there may be clues in the question that can help you determine the correct answer. For example, if the question asks you to identify the only option that is not a type of fruit, you can eliminate all the options that are fruits and select the remaining option.
#4. Guess intelligently:
If you are unsure which option is correct, make an educated guess by eliminating the options that are clearly wrong. This will increase your chances of selecting the correct option.
#5. Manage your time:
Objective test questions are often timed, so it is important to manage your time effectively. If you get stuck on a question, move on to the next question and come back to it later.
Here are some specific examples of how to answer different types of objective test questions:
Answering Objective test questions – Multiple Choice Questions:
- Read the question and all options carefully.
- Eliminate the options that are clearly incorrect.
- Look for clues in the question that can help you determine the correct answer.
- Select the option that you believe is correct.
- Read the question carefully.
- If the statement is clearly false, select “false.”
- If the statement is clearly true, select “true.”
- If you are unsure, try to analyze the statement and determine whether it is true or false before selecting your answer.
- Read the items on both sides of the matching question carefully.
- Match the items on one side to the corresponding items on the other side.
- Double-check your answers to make sure they are correct.
- Read the question and the fill-in-the-blank carefully.
- Try to recall the correct answer or analyze the question to determine the correct answer.
- Type in the correct answer in the blank space provided.
Answering objective test questions correctly requires careful analysis of the question and available options, elimination of incorrect options, looking for clues, and guessing intelligently. By following these tips, students can increase their chances of selecting the correct answer and achieving a better grade on objective test questions.
We hope this post on answering Objective test questions the right way has been useful.