The Institute of Commercial Management (ICM) is a UK-based professional body that is recognized for its professional examinations across the world. One of the subjects administered by the ICM-UK is International Business Communication.
This article seeks to share sample questions with students preparing for the subject. Students are advised to brainstorm the questions here. The student who attempts these questions must also come out with a draft of the answers to provide for each of the questions.
This should be followed by the writing of the essays or answers to the questions. Each question should be well answered with practical examples to support explanations. Note that this ICM-UK is a professional exam.
Due to the above, answers without excellent examples in the world of business or in communication to support the explanations will lead to the student scoring lower marks in the examination.
The ICM-UK International Business Communication paper is one of the easy-to-pass subjects, however, wrongly attempting the questions can lead to failure. Since it is a communication examination, students or candidates must use their communication skills in answering the questions.
Let us take a look at the following ICM-UK sample questions for International Business Communication
INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS COMMUNICATION TEST
Answer question 1 and any three
- With the aid of a diagram, explain the communication process
- Explain the four main objectives of communication
- With the aid of examples, explain any five barriers to communication
- List and explain the 5Cs of communication under content.
- Discuss any four types of noise you may encounter when communicating.
- State and discuss the types of non-verbal communication. Support each explanation with an example.
- Discuss the personal and vocal qualities you need to be deemed a good public speaker. Illustrate with relevant examples.
- Every good speaker must aim at 4 qualities. Explain each of these qualities and how they help to improve communication.
- List and give reasons why the qualities explained in Q8 are important for your next public speaking session at the student forum on communication in your college.
- Briefly explain four reasons why effective listening is important. Provide practical examples to support each point.
- Explain five ways you can improve your concentration as a listener during a football match commentary on the radio.
- Discuss any five types of noise that can negatively impact your communication.
Note that, the above ICM-UK sample questions for International Business Communication can also be used by students for group discussions. In doing that, the study group should ensure every member of the group contributes to the discussion.
The group should ensure that members also make notes during the discussion.
The group should give each member of the group assignments to further learn specific topics discussed and do a presentation during the next meeting as a recap.