Have you Lost your WAEC Index Number or Results and you do not know how to retrieve it? Well, that is no problem because WAEC has a service that enables its candidates to get back their Index numbers. Let us take a look at the simple steps to follow if you find yourself in this kind of situation.
It is possible to lose your index number for an exam you wrote or one that you are about to write as a BECE, WASSCE, or G/ABCE candidate. Fire, thieves, and other factors may contribute to you losing your details.
If you are a school candidate, you may go to your school to check out the lost index number however all candidates can get their lost index numbers from WAEC by following this process shared below.
How to retrieve forgotten or lost WAEC Index Numbers (BECE, WASSCE, G/ABCE)
This process is an offline approach to getting your lost WAEC Index number.
- Visit the WAEC office. This could be headquarters or, regional offices.
- Go along with your National ID Card
- Inform the front desk officer why you are visiting (To Retrieve your lost Index Number)
- Fill out the form provided to help you retrieve your LOST WAEC Index Number.
- While filling out the form, ensure you provide your: Full name as used during the examination or while registering with WAEC.
- Provide the Name of the examination, the Month you sat the examination, and the Year of the examination.
- Attach your National ID (Photo Copy) to the form you have filled.
- Pay the fee for retrieving the LOST WAEC Index Number
- Submit the form, and you should receive more details as to when you should pick the index number up.
Good luck as you put in all the best of your efforts to retrieve the LOST WAEC Index Number.
Once you retrieve the lost index number, you can proceed to use it to request a copy of your missing results through this process [How To Retrieve Lost BECE And WASSCE Certificates]